Author: Mary and Molly
Recipe type: British Brownies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- 60g (2oz) ground almonds, pecans, walnuts, or brazil nuts
- ¼ cup (30g/1 oz) cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup (160g)5 ½ oz) sour cream
- 100g(3⅓ oz) dark chocolate
- 150 g (4 ¾ oz) butter, melted
- 200 g ( 6 ½ oz) milk chocolate
- ⅓ cup (90 g/3 oz ) sour cream
- ⅔ cup (85g/ 2 ¾ oz) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to moderate 180’C or 350’F. Brush a shallow 8*12 inch rectangular tin with melted butter or oil. Line base with baking paper, extending over two sides.
- Place the sugar, flour, ground nuts, cocoa, eggs, sour cream, melted chocolate and butter in the food processor. Process 20 seconds or until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin; smooth surface with knife. Bake 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center. Leave slice in tin 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- To make Icing: Chop chocolate and combine with cream in small pan. Stir over low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly. Spread icing evenly over slice. Sprinkle chopped nuts over top. Cut into squares to serve. Enjoy!