Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Author: Mary and Molly
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, packed
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ Tbsp grapeseed oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk egg, then add pumpkin puree, oil, and buttermilk. Mix it all well.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until incorporated. Next fold in your chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour into a 9x5 inches loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about an hour and enjoy.