Easy European Strawberry Cheesecake
This cheesecake is elegant and luscious to eat. Our dear mama shared the recipe with us! We are so excited to share it with you all. It is not difficult to make and a great summer dessert for you, your family and friends to relish on.
Author: Mary and Molly
- 4 oz. Butter
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 Cup sugar
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 pound or 2 Cups Farmer's Cheese process it through ricer
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tsp Gelatin
- 5 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 8″ Springform cake pan with parchment paper. Cut an 21×5″ strip of parchment, butter or oil parchment, and line sides of pan.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating only until thoroughly incorporated, about 15 seconds after each. At last, add *Farmers Cheese, beat for another 30 seconds. In another large bowl, using electric mixer on medium until foamy. Then on high speed, whip egg whites until stiff peaks formed. Gently fold in egg whites and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake cheesecake 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely before adding the topping.
- Place strawberries and sugar into a blender and using pulse button blend no more than a minute or crush with a mash potato masher to retain some chunks. Gradually add cooled gelatin mixture in, a few drops at a time and stirring each time. Pour mixture over the cheesecake, then refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, release the cheesecake and carefully remove the sides of pan and parchment paper. Transfer to a platter.
- Optional: Garnish with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- Important note: Set ricer over empty bowl and process farmer cheese, removing any cheese stuck to bottom.