Gingerbread waffles are the highlight of any holiday breakfast party! This recipe is simple to make and tastes so delicious! Your family and friends will enjoy this festive, nutritious waffles.
Author: Mary and Molly
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup Milk plus 1 tsp milk, at room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup molasses
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a large bowl combine the sifted flour, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, grapeseed oil, milk, baking soda (extinguished in a teaspoon of milk), milk, sugar and molasses.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until blended. Do not over stir the batter. Allow the waffle mixture to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with cooking oil and ladle the batter in. Cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp. Lay on cooling rack or serve immediately. Serve with topping of your choice. Enjoy!
- Note: You may freeze waffles in a zip lock bag.