Feta Stuffed Mini Peppers
Author: Mary and Molly
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 8 ounces Mini bell peppers
- ¾ cup Feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp parsley or dill, fresh or frozen
- Set the peppers stem side up and with a small sharp knife or paring knife. Cut a circle all the way around the stem. Lift the stem, hopefully some attached seeds and pith will come out with the stem. With a boning knife or small spoon remove the rest of the seeds in the pepper. Wash the peppers inside and out.
- Bring a medium pot to boil, drop the peppers into it. This process is called blanching. Blanch for about 1-3 minutes depends on the size of the pepper. Remove them and place them in a colander that stands on top of a plate. Place the peppers upside down that all the excess water will drain.
- In a small bowl, add feta cheese and butter. Press down with a fork until the cheese breaks. Add in an egg and mix the ingredients. Add parsley or dill and mix. Stuffing is ready!
- Using a small spoon stuff your peppers with the creamy stuffing.
- On a preheated skillet or griddle grill or fry peppers for 1-2 minutes on each side of pepper.
- Preheat oven 375, in a buttered baking dish line the stuff peppers. Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for a minute or so. Enjoy!