Gooseberry Vanilla Ice Cream
What can be better on a hot summer day than indulging yourself with homemade ice cream? It was when we purchased an ice cream maker that we had waved goodbye to store bought ice cream. Ever since, we have been hooked on it and love experimenting with different flavors. The best part of all is we know what ingredients is in our delicious homemade ice cream! Here is one of our favorite-Gooseberry Vanilla Ice Cream!
Author: Mary and Molly
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups Gooseberries or whatever fruit is your preference
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, and sugar until the mixture becomes frothy. Add in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Mix until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- For best results, chop your fruit and refrigerate until it is cold.
- Add chilled fruits into creamy mixture.
- Turn on your ice cream machine and pour the mixture in and let mix until thickened for about 15-20 minutes . (Follow your ice cream machine instructions.)
- *Frozen fruit may be substituted if fresh fruit are not available.