Thanksgiving is almost here! We wanted to share with you a Turkey Recipe that we used this year for our family early celebration for thanksgiving. A secret this year we used is brining our turkey. Brining is the chef's secret to juicy poultry. Head on over to our store and grab yourself a nice box of Urban Accents Turkey Brine & Rub Kit.
Author: Mary and Molly
- 1 (14.4 lb) Turkey or as desired
- 1 Tbsp Cognac
- 4-6 Sage, fresh leaves
- 1-2 Rome apples, quartered
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 2-3 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil(based on size of Turkey)
- Urban Accents Turkey Brine & Rub Kit available purchase at mnmtwinskitchen
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Wash and pat dry the turkey and marinate the turkey in brine. Follow the instructions in the back of the Urban Accents packet.
- Rinse the turkey and pat dry. Spread the Cognac under the turkey skin. Place the sage leaves under the skin.
- Rub the turkey with spices that come in the packet that is provided by Urban Accents.
- Brush on evenly Grape Seed Oil to protect skin from drying out.
- Stuff the turkey with apples and onion.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan and tent with foil to prevent overbrowning. Roast in oven at 325 following manufacturer’s instructions until internal temperature of the thigh is 165; about 15-20 minutes per pound. Remove foil in the last hour of cooking to brown the skin. Remove turkey from oven. Tent with foil and let rest for 30 minutes to allow juices to saturate the meat.