Light & Easy Ratatouille
Author: Mary & Molly
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 medium- sized tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, quartered
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 11/2 cups mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 4 mini bell peppers or 1 regular bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider vinegar
- ¾ cup tomato juice or V8 juice
- ½ Tbsp dry basil
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1Tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped scallions
- Place all the cut vegetables in a saucepan. Add vinegar, tomato juice, dry basil salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and add minced garlic, fresh parsley and scallions. Stir well and cook until liquid evaporates. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Great appetizer! Enjoy!