Mini Colorful Frittatas(Egg Muffins)
Author: Mary and Molly
- 10 eggs, large
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten for the crust
- 20 oz. shredded hash brown potatoes
- 6 oz. package of bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces, fried and drained
- ½ cup scallions, finely cut
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Whole milk
- 2 cups Shredded cheese (Mexican Blend)
- 2 cups bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow) seeds removed, washed, dried
- and cut into medium squares.
- ⅓ cup parsley, finely cut
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick skillet on medium high heat and add bacon. Sauté the bacon, stirring occasionally, until it turns crisp brown and oil has been separated from the bacon. When done place the skillet aside and let it cool for 2 minutes. Then drain the oil through a perforated spoon and place it in a separate bowl. Use this excess 1 Tbsp oil for crust.
- Place shredded hash brown in a large bowl add lightly beaten egg, 1 Tbsp of bacon oil, and 1 cup of cheese. Mix until it’s combined.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking oil and place in each ¼ cup of hash brown mix and make a well in the middle. Bake it for 15 min.
- Next in medium large bowl, add eggs, lightly beaten. To it add bell peppers, scallions, the remainder of cheese, salt, black pepper, olive oil, bacon, parsley and last of all milk. Stir it with a spatula until it is combined.
- With a ⅓ cup pour in each muffin tin.
- Place it in the oven for 15-20 min. When finished let it sit for 15 min and then carefully remove it from the muffin tins. (It’s always a good idea to let it cool so it will stay in one piece, talking from experience 🙂 )
- Bon Apetit! Enjoy! It’s a great breakfast and even lunch!