Nutritious Mashed Potatoes
A nice twist to this mashed potatoes that contain more nutrients than most recipes. Make this mashed potatoes and your family and friends will enjoy it.
Author: Mary & Molly
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 2 lbs Yukon Potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- 3 Tbsps Balance or butter
- 1 tsp Salt, or as desired
- Pepper, as desired
- dill, garnish
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Add ½ teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover loosely and boil gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes break apart easily when pierced with fork.
- Drain half the liquid into a measuring cup but reserve the other half in the pot.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher until no lumps remain or use a hand mixer. Add butter or balance, pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; continue mashing, gradually adding enough water to make potatoes smooth and creamy
- Garnish with dill and enjoy!