Author: Sarah Welch
- 4 firm pears of any variety cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch round pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the pear slices in the pan.
- Put the butter, eggs, milk, salt, granulated sugar, flour and vanilla into a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the pears. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the custard is golden and firm to the touch. Dust the top with powdered sugar before serving.