Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Christmas is our favorite time of the year here at MnMTwinsKitchen. The smell of the goodies baking in the oven. Yum! Warms the heart! What could be better than sipping on a mug of hot chocolate and biting into a delicious Peppermint Chocolate Cookies.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking cocoa
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup Ghirardelli peppermint chunks
- ½ cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chip (for melting)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Melt ½ cup chips in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one by one. Add melted chocolate, peppermint extract, and baking soda that has been extinguished in milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in dry ingredients. Mix in peppermint chunks.
- Scoop cookies into a half an ice cream scooper. Place 2-3 inches apart. Bake 12-14 minutes. Bake at 350 for 12-15. Or until the stick comes out clean. Don’t over-bake, cookies should be soft.