Creamy Chicken Salad
Author: Mary and Molly
Recipe type: Lunch
- ½ cup white/yellow onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup celery, finely diced
- 2 Tbsps. mayo
- 2 cans of chicken breast
- 1Tbsp garlic powder
- Salt, as desired
- Pepper, as desired
- 5-6 slices of baguette or French bread
- Open the canned chicken and drain the liquid. Reserve some liquid to add back into salad for a creamier taste. Use a fork to flake the chicken as you pour it into the mixing bowl. When you are done, the chicken pieces should be very small.
- Add onion, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and reserved liquid. Stir all ingredients together.
- Spread chicken mixture on bread slices. Top with slices of cucumber and enjoy.
- Tip: For a crunchy taste, bake in preheated oven to 375F for about 3-5 minutes.