Author: Mary & Molly
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 pound chicken thighs, 2 inches strips
- ½ Tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ bunch green onions, white parts minced, green parts thinly sliced, divided
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps rice vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp potato starch or corn starch
- 1 tsps. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- ½ Tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt, as desired
- Pepper, as desired
- Combine in a medium bowl, chicken, ginger, garlic, and 1 Tbsp onion whites. Cover and marinate, for about 30 mins or overnight in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, potato starch, sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat skillet on high. Add ½ Tbsp coconut oil; swirl to melt. Add half the chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 min, until browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to clean dish. Add remaining ½ Tbsp coconut oil; repeat process with remaining chicken.
- Return all chicken to pan. Add sauce; bring to simmer. Toss until sauce thickens and chicken is glazed. Taste for seasoning if salt and pepper need to be added. Garnish with onion greens. Enjoy!