Author: Tea Time Magazine
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped freeze-dried strawberries (blueberries, or raspberries)
- ¾ cup cold heavy cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender(Available at our store for purchase.) cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add strawberries or blueberries, or raspberries stirring well.
- In a small bowl, stir together heavy cream and vanilla extract. Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. (If dough seems dry, add 1 Tbsp at a time of cold water.) Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, gently knead 4-5 times. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 1-inch thickness. Using a 2 -inch round cutter, cut 9 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and are golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Serve warm.