Tomato & Fennel Salad
The Parmesan cheese perfectly complements the slight licorice hint of the fennel. Garlic and basil adds the accents to a creamy and tasty dressing. This is truly given name "Fit As A Fennel". A few quantities of ingredients were adjusted to our taste preferences.
Author: Cook's Country Magazine
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 ½ cup tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (or 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 cup medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper
- Place fennel, tomatoes, red onions in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan, milk, salt, and pepper. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Gently toss in basil and adjust seasoning. Serve and enjoy!