Tomato-Onion Scrambled Eggs
It’s summer! Season of many fresh grown vegetables – tomatoes are one of them. Picture yourself biting into a soft buttery scrambled eggs with onions and garden grown tomatoes that smell so delicious. It is exactly what we like to share with you today!
Author: Mary and Molly
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp. Ghee
- 1 Tsp. salt
- pepper as desired
- Helpful Tip: Easy way to skin tomatoes: place them in boiling water for less that a minute and remove with slotted spoon. The peels should easily slide off your tomatoes.
- In medium bowl beat together eggs, salt and pepper with a wire whisk or fork.
- In a 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently so the onions won’t burn. Cook until onions are soft and translucent
- Add tomatoes, cover with lid and cook through for 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates. Next, add Ghee and stir until incorporated. Pour in egg mixture. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edges.
- With a spatula, lift and fold partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Remove from heat once eggs have cooked through but still moist. Transfer into plate immediately. Enjoy.