Yummy Caramelized Pears
Author: Nancy Muzichuk
- 2 Tbsps Raisins
- 2 Tbsp Cognac
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsps organic cane sugar
- 2 D'Anjou pears, halved and pips removed
- 1 Tbsp of toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- Soak raisins in cognac.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add sugar and bring to boil.
- Arrange pears in the pan with flat side facing down, moving them around the pan so that they are coated with the caramelized sugar.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until pears will begin to soften.
- Add soaked raisins and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Place each pear half in a dessert bowl with flat side facing up;
- spoon some raisins and sprinkle toasted chopped nuts on top of pear halves.
- Drizzle caramel sauce from the pan over the pears.